This is Skeeter. A eleven year old Marmoset Monkey. He is the LOVE of our lives and a joy to have in our home. Everything on these pages are used and recommended by Skeeter himself.
We accept Paypal and Credit Cards
E-mail me with any questions
click on the marmoset to e-mail me
Marmosets and Tamarins are New Worlds Monkeys. New World Monkeys live in tropical forests of southern Mexico, Central, and South America. They are divided into two main family groups.
The first group, Callithricidae consist of marmosets and tamarins—both monkeys with claws. The second larger group, Cebidae, has four subfamilies: Cebinae – squirrel and capuchin monkey; Actinae – douroucouli (night or owl) and titi monkey; Atelinae – howler and spider monkey; Pithecinae – uakari and saki. These latter monkeys have nails, not claws. New World Monkeys have flat noses.
Tamarins and marmoset often give birth to twins, and sometimes triplets. Also, it’s the dad who carries the babies around, not the mother. These monkeys eat tree sap. They range in weight from only 3 to 5 ounces to 2 pounds.
Fun New World Monkey Facts
- Douroucouli (night monkeys) are the only ones who are nocturnal.
- Marmosets and tamarins don’t have prehensile tails.
- Capuchins rub their fur with crushed millipedes as a mosquito repellant!
- New World Monkeys live in trees; the term is arboreal.
- The biggest threat to New World Monkeys is loss of habitat. Buying brazil nuts, which can only be harvested in healthy rain forests, helps encourage maintenance of their habitat.
- A group of monkeys is a “troop.”
State Laws on Private Possession of Primates
This site is dedicated to helping new Primate Parents find all of the items you need for your new baby in one place.
Marmoset Vocalizations and Calls
Marmoset Facial Expressions
CONTACT RHONDA AT (304) 329-4138
STARTER LIST (BABY NECESSITIES)
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU NEED HELP RE-HOMING YOUR MARMOSET OR TAMARIN.
"You become responsible forever, for that which you have tamed."