We accept Paypal and Credit Cards
E-mail me with any questions
click on the marmoset to e-mail me
Marmosets and Tamarins are New Worlds Monkeys. New World Monkeys live in tropical forests of southern Mexico, Central, and South America. They are divided into two main family groups.
The first group, Callithricidae consist of marmosets and tamarins—both monkeys with claws. The second larger group, Cebidae, has four subfamilies: Cebinae – squirrel and capuchin monkey; Actinae – douroucouli (night or owl) and titi monkey; Atelinae – howler and spider monkey; Pithecinae – uakari and saki. These latter monkeys have nails, not claws. New World Monkeys have flat noses.
Tamarins and marmoset often give birth to twins, and sometimes triplets. Also, it’s the dad who carries the babies around, not the mother. These monkeys eat tree sap. They range in weight from only 3 to 5 ounces to 2 pounds.
Fun New World Monkey Facts
- Douroucouli (night monkeys) are the only ones who are nocturnal.
- Marmosets and tamarins don’t have prehensile tails.
- Capuchins rub their fur with crushed millipedes as a mosquito repellant!
- New World Monkeys live in trees; the term is arboreal.
- The biggest threat to New World Monkeys is loss of habitat. Buying brazil nuts, which can only be harvested in healthy rain forests, helps encourage maintenance of their habitat.
- A group of monkeys is a “troop.”
State Laws on Private Possession of Primates
This site is dedicated to Skeeter.
Our first Marmoset Monkey.
Sept. 3, 2005 - Sept. 1, 2017
Marmoset Vocalizations and Calls
Marmoset Facial Expressions
STARTER LIST (BABY NECESSITIES)
"You become responsible forever, for that which you have tamed."
NEW BABY MARMOSETS READY SOON. $3300 EACH - NOW TAKING DEPOSITS. WE DO NOT SHIP!
CONTACT BECKEE TURNER (727) 378-5188 LEAVE MESSAGE
If you are considering bringing a Marmoset or Tamarin Monkey in to your heart and home. PLEASE READ this first!